CORONATION CUP – DRAW & COMPETITION RULES
The draw for the Coronation Cup was made on Saturday. Thank you to John Unsworth and Roger Van Beever who undertook this task. The competition has attracted an entry of 30 players and the full draw is as follows :-
1st Round – games to be played by Sunday 19th July
Terry Corfield (+2) v. Barry McArthur (+4)
Brian Sutton (+4) v. Laurie Townson (+4)
Mike Milne (+4) v. Tony Wakefield (+2)
Sue Davies (+4) v. John McCabe (+4)
Jill Lloyd (+6) v. Len Southworth (+4)
Ray Sutton (+4) v. Alan Lloyd (+4)
Dave White (+4) v. Wayne Graham (+2)
Janice Hobson (+6) v. Mark Rowlinson (+2)
Chris Lancaster (+4) v. Chris Porter (+4)
Roger Van Beever (+4) v. Noel Morgans (+4)
George Hitchmough (+4) v. Graham Meadow (+4)
John Unsworth (+4) v. Kevin McCormack (+4)
Peter Smith (+4) v. Chris Harding (+2)
Jim Halsall (+2) v. Pat McArthur (+4)
2nd Round – game to be played by Sunday 26th July
Fergal Wright (Scr) v. John Hughes (+4)Rules and playing conditions
- Each round of the competition to completed within seven days.
- It will be responsibility of the first named player to contact their opponent to arrange a mutually convenient time to play the match and to book a time slot using the online booking system.
- No practice is allowed before the game. Any use of the green on the day of and prior to the game should only be done with the knowledge and consent of your opponent.
- Games to be played using own jack(s) and mat(s).
- Games up to the semi-finals to be scored by the players themselves (no markers). All games to be 21 up playing off the handicaps as indicated on the sheet displayed at the green.
- Players should agree to a procedure to determine the counting bowl when a measure would normally be used. For example, an independent judge could be asked to decide. If no neutral person is present and an agreement cannot be reached, the end should be replayed.
- Results to be sent to Mike Milne (07752352065 / email@example.com or Chris Harding (07761733024)
- Failure to fulfil a fixture before the deadline set could result in both players being scratched from the competition. The decision of the competition organisers will be final.
- All social distancing and hygiene advice relating to Covid-19 to be adhered to at all times.