I would remind all our members that the Race Night is being held on Saturday the 7th March
Tickets are selling well and if you want to come please get your tickets ASAP to avoid disappointment
There are also a few Race Horses still for sale.
Any donations of Raffle prizes would be welcomed by your committee
Chairman’s Message – February 2015
With the start of the season on the horizon I thought it would be a good time to reintroduce my monthly message.
We have had a busy close season with a number of events taking place including the Awards Night, a Club Social (with Ken Waters) and The AGM. I would like to thank Ken for volunteering his services and to all those who attended any of the functions.
The 2015 Race Night is on Saturday 7th March, at the Churchtown Conservative Club, starting at 7.45pm. The following are still available:-
- Tickets priced £5, including a buffet. There are only a few left so please act today to avoid disappointment.
- Race Sponsorship. There are two races available at £20.
- Owners and Jockeys priced at £3 and £2. There are plenty available.
Please phone me on 07761733024 or reply to this email or see George / Mike if you can help with any of the above. Also, if you are attending on the night and wish to bring a raffle prize, they will be gratefully accepted.
The AGM, in early February, was well attended. The main points are as follows:
- Bill Nowell’s term as President has come to the end. On behalf of everyone involved with the Club, I would like to thank Bill for his enthusiastic and dignified approach to the position.
- Ray Sutton was proposed by the Committee and voted in by the meeting as the new Club President. Ray is a long standing and respected member of the club. We wish Ray every success in the role over the next two years.
- Subscriptions for 2015 remain the same. Full membership is £35, Social membership £15 and Junior Membership continues at £15.
- The Committee reported that progress is being made with the installation of floodlights. Quotes have been sourced and the application for planning permission is underway.
- There are a number of ongoing maintenance projects being carried out, including replacing the boards and loose paving flags.
- Thanks to Bernard O’Malley and Nationwide Produce PLC for their continued financial support.
We are delighted to announce that we have a new club around green advertiser, J & L Designs, which provides bespoke fitted furniture. I would like to thank the proprietor and my good friend Jason Taylor for his support. Jason intends to be an active sponsor and he hopes to meet some of our members soon. Please can you have a look at his excellent website which contains all the information required about J & L Designs http://www.j-ldesigns.co.uk/.
A list of all the 2015 club competitions is on the website. If you are on Facebook please find and like us. If you prefer, I am always available for a chat about anything connected with the club 07761 733024.
The funeral will be at 2:40pm on Monday 23rd February at Southport Crematoreum. Then afterwards at the Richmond pub, Scarisbrick New Road (by Kew roundabout). Where the family would be pleased for anyone who knew Dad to join us.
The subscriptions for 2015 were agreed at the recent AGM and are displayed on the relevant web page.