CORONATION CUP – SINGLES HANDICAP
In the last two seasons, while we were unable to run one-day club competitions, we played the Coronation Cup singles handicap on the basis of players arranging their own games. We propose trying this again as an alternative format to all our other club competitions to ascertain how popular this is during more “normal” times.
The following details will apply :-
· Entries to be submitted by Friday 18th March.
· Entries to be sent to Mike Milne (07752352065 / email@example.com)
· The draw will be made during the weekend of Saturday 19th March / Sunday 20th March and published as soon as possible after completion.
· Each round of the competition to be completed by the date provided.
· It will be the responsibility of the first named player to contact their opponent to arrange a mutually convenient time to play the match.
· Games can be played using own jack(s) and mat(s) if players are unable to access the clubhouse.
· Games up to the semi-finals can be scored by the players themselves if no marker is available.
· Players to agree to a procedure to determine the counting bowl if no independent measurer is available. If no neutral person is present and an agreement cannot be reached, the end should be replayed.
· Results to be sent to Mike Milne (07752352065 / firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible after the completion of the match.
· Failure to fulfil a fixture before the deadline set could result in both players being scratched from the competition. The decision of the competition organisers will be final.
OTHER SPRING COMPETITION DATES
Saturday 16th April – Spring Pairs – random doubles, with plate (12.00 pm start).
Sunday 1st May – Blowick Cup Champion of Champions – invitation singles for club competition and merit winners from the 2021 season (12.00 pm start). Spectators, markers and measurers will be very welcome.
Sunday 15th May – Rose Bowl – singles handicap, with plate (12.00 pm start).
Sunday 29th May – Vice-Presidents Pairs Trophy – non-random doubles, enter as a pair. No plate. (12.00 pm start).
The Club’s PRESIDENT’S DAY will be held on SUNDAY 10th JULY. Please make a note of this date in your diary so that we can support PETER SMITH in his first year as President.
Dates for our remaining club and open competitions will be posted as soon as possible.