CORONATION CUP – SINGLES HANDICAP
Under the BCGBA / HM Govt. guidelines issued on the 26th March, we are limited to the number of people allowed at the green at any one time. This means we are unable to run competitions in the usual way for the time being. However, we propose to run the Coronation Cup as we did last season, with members arranging their own games. The following details will apply :-
· Entries to be submitted by Friday 9th April.
· Entries to be sent to Mike Milne (07752352065 / email@example.com)
· The draw will be made on Saturday 10th April and published as soon as possible after completion.
· Each round of the competition to be completed by the date provided.
· It will be the responsibility of the first named player to contact their opponent to arrange a mutually convenient time to play the match and to book a time slot using the online booking system.
· Games to be played using own jack(s) and mat(s).
· Games up to the semi-finals to be scored by the players themselves (no markers).
· Players to agree to a procedure to determine the counting bowl where a measure would normally be used. For example, an independent judge could be asked to decide. If no neutral person is present and an agreement cannot be reached, the end should be replayed.
· Results to be sent to Mike Milne (07752352065 / firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible after the completion of the match.
· Failure to fulfil a fixture before the deadline set could result in both players being scratched from the competition. The decision of the competition organisers will be final.
· ALL SOCIAL DISTANCING AND HYGIENE ADVICE RELATING TO COVID-19 TO BE ADHERED TO AT ALL TIMES.
· N.B. Only members who have paid their 2021 subscription will be permitted entry into this competition.
Subscriptions can be paid as follows :-
(a) Cheque made payable to Hesketh Arms Bowling Club can be sent to Mike Milne 20 Coudray Road, Southport, PR9 9NL.
(b) Bank Transfer:- Hesketh Arms Bowling Club Account number 01007849 Sort Code 30-97-88. Please text Mike Milne on 07752352065 to confirm payment or email email@example.com.
At the present time, we are asking for members to pay the basic subscription of £25. An additional £20 will required as and when league bowling commences.
FUTURE CLUB COMPETITIONS
We are planning to run a full programme of club competitions during the 2021 season and hope to be able to run them on a one-day basis from May, subject to the guidance in place at the time allowing us to do so. Full details and dates will be notified as soon as possible.