SINGLES HANDICAP – CORONATION CUP
The latest update to the guidance on green opening arrangements was issued on 23rd June by the Government and BCGBA. There has been a modest relaxation of the rules to allow competitive matches internally within a club. However, the limit of six people at a time on or around the green remains in place, meaning that we are still unable to run club competitions in the usual way. We hope this may change before too long but in the meantime we are going to run a singles handicap for the Coronation Cup on the following basis : –
- Entries to be submitted by Friday 10th July.
- Entries to be sent to Mike Milne (07752352065 / firstname.lastname@example.org or Chris Harding (07761733024)
- The draw will be made on Saturday 11th July and published as soon as possible after this has been done.
- Each round of the competition to completed within seven days.
- It will be responsibility of the first named player to contact their opponent to arrange a mutually convenient time to play the match and to book a time slot on the online booking system.
- Games to be played using own jack(s) and mat(s).
- Games up to the semi-finals to be scored by the players themselves (no markers).
- Players should agree to a procedure to determine the counting bowl when a measure would normally be used. For example, an independent judge could be asked to decide. If no neutral person is present and an agreement cannot be reached, the end should be replayed.
- Results to be sent to Mike Milne (07752352065 / email@example.com or Chris Harding (07761733024)
- Failure to fulfil a fixture before the deadline set could result in both players being scratched from the competition. The decision of the competition organisers will be final.
- All social distancing and hygiene advice relating to Covid-19 to be adhered to at all times.